Thursday, November 5, 2009

Spikes suspends Self



"I really don't want to be a distraction to the team," Spikes said. "I want the guys to prepare without any negative things going on. I feel like if I would play, it would be a big thing. I'm just trying to stay out of the way and just motivate the guys. I'm pretty sure Stamper's my back and my teammates really support me on this decision."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4623708

Also Urban Meyer sent video of the late hit on Tebow to the SEC. Lets hope he does not get disciplined for commenting on their missed call

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4622769



Go self Discipline
Go A.J. Jones
Go Gators

3 comments:

JEWBOY said...

I am convinced he just wants to take the weekend off.

Caro said...

I'm happy he suspended himself. The eye-gouging was awful, unsportsmanlike, and savage. I have to disagree with La Esquina and Jewboy here, I don't think you can compare Spikes' helmet getting ripped off during a tackle and him purposefully sticking his big fat fingers in the guy's facemask.

The University of Florida motto is: Civium in moribus rei publicae salus... meaning "The welfare of the state depends upon the morals of its citizens". He can play rough and tough, but the eye-gouging was too much. Watchin that clip makes my stomach turn, i would not want to be that guy.
Shame on Spikes.

Go be good people.
Go Gators.

Wall Street Gator said...

it's tit for tat...they did it to him...and not just ripping the helmet off but tyring to spear him with a helment in the face when his helmet was off...

But I can see your point, you are entitled to your opinion.