Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ole Ball Cock's A Gator Hater.


It is confirmed that the Ole Ball Cock (OBC) was the prick bastard who chose Jevan Snead over the Timbow for the first team SEC team. Why this man would do this I haven't the foggiest. But I do know that on Nov. 19, his team will pay for their coach's words.

What an cockmouth. Look at Wuerffel. He doesn't hate. He praises Timbow for his on- and off-field heroics. Granted, Timbow and Wuerffel are very similar, but so is Spurrier. Timbow, Spurrier, and Wuerffel are all former Gator QB's, Heisman winners, and sons of a preacher man. But, only Timbow and Wuerffel have led the Gators to nattys as QB's. Spurrier is not in that class. He got his ring with Danny hurling the ball.

Maybe jealousy is why Spurrier is hating. He strikes me as an arrogant, jealous and rancorous guy with a player hating degree. He can't really prefer Snead to Timbow, can he? Two-time national champion to some guy from Ole Miss? I don't think so. Spurrier's smarter than that. Better? Probably not, but smarter for sure. Why he would be the only person to not vote Timbow the starter is truly inexplicable without calling it hating.

I mean, it's ridiculous the hating that ocurrs with the Timbow. Recently, the press reported that he's still a virgin. Why is this newsworthy? Why is this important? How is this anyone's business? Israel Gutierrez, Miami Herald writer, noted that sports journalism is looking more and more everyday like entertainment journalism. I couldn't agree more. The media, upset that Timbow offers them nothing in terms of hooker-fucking and coke-snorting, needs to harp on something and the only thing they're left with is if and who Timbow does or does not fuck. Get over it. If the guy was fucking someone, it would be an issue. If he was fucking a girl, guy, or animal, it would be an issue. If fucks no one, it's an issue. The question is why is this an issue?

How about what a good guy he is? Why is that not the issue? Why aren't there tons of stories celebrating, rather than not-so-subtly poking fun at his squareness and unhipness? Don't get me wrong, many stories do highlight Timbow's works, but many do so with a tinge or heavy helping of condescension and sarcasm. The guy is likely the most community oriented, unselfish, altruistic player in college sports. He hasn't had a single bad day on the football field (I take issue with anyone who says he had a bad game against Ole Miss, he played great save for one play. Timbow didn't play poorly, the team did), and hasn't had an off-field incident ever. Ever. Many journalists and most non-gator fans paint Timbow as a self-righteous and shameless promoter of his faith.

Both characterizations are flatly wrong. First, Timbow has never praised himself or his work in any way. Especially not in a way to curry public favor nor to compare himself to other players. And secondly, he has certainly not shoved his religion down anyone's throat. He has every right, both moral and constitutional, to celebrate his religion in any way that he sees fit. Thankfully, he doesn't celebrate it in anyway that overwhelms or distracts from our enjoyment of and his performance as a great, perhaps the greatest, college football player.

Maybe it's because he's Christian. Christianity has become rather unhip in recent time. With those crazy evangelicals speaking in tongues, handling snakes, and being President of the US, many people have developed an unfavorable view of Christianity in America. Consider that if Timbow was a Muslim and put Allah Akbar or whatever on his eyeblack, then NO ONE would say shit. Why? Because it's uncool and insensitive to rip on Muslims, at least publicly, without being called hateful and ignorant. If he was Jewish and had a star of David on his eyeblack, NO ONE would say shit (except for maybe Muslims). Why? Because it's uncool and insensitive to rip about a Jew, at least publicly, without being called an anti-Semite. I firmly believe that much of this has to do with Timbow being a Christian. In the interests of disclosure, I'm not a Christian nor do I believe in god, but I do believe in Timbow and His capacity for good. Unfortunately, I also believe in the capacity of his detractors for hatred. And as long as He's doing well, He'll be hated.

But I think He can take it. All this criticism and hatred does is validate and fuel his motivation to succeed in an honorable way, if unhip and unfucked.

Go treat another as you would like to be treated.
Go Gators.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

fuck the haters

Paulie Gator said...

its true. if tebow wasn't a christian and was a jew then nobody would be talkign shit about him.

its fucked up.

Wall Street Gator said...

A few thoughts:

1. Spurrier took blame for what happened and said it was an honest mistake. His explanation seems to add up, see article: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20090724/ARTICLES/907249979/1090?Title=Spurrier-takes-blame-for-Tebow-gate

Lets not forget there is no Meyer, no Tebow and no Gator Nation w/out Spurrier. He put us on the map. We were sh*t before he got here. No matter what Meyer or Tebow do he will always be the gator that has had the most influence on the program (don't forget he also won a heisman while playing QB for us in the 60s).

I know the knee jerk reaction is to crucify him for this, but I for one will always be grateful to the ol' ball coach and am satisfied with his explanation.

2. Secondly, on Tebow haters and his faith. I have to be honest, I do cringe a bit sometimes because he is always bringing his faith up. A lot of people, for the reasons articulated by Gomer, have a negative reaction when religion is thrust on them repeatedly. They just don't buy it and don't want to see it. But I also think that he is doing it purely for self-less reasons. That and the fact that I would take a bullet for the man make me incapable of really getting upset about anything he does (although I can see how non-Gators and Gator haters don't appreciate his Christianity being thrown in their face).

On a side note, if the man is indeed a virgin he has re-defined the word discipline. Everybody gets laid in Gainesville...EVERYBODY. I am not sure how I feel about this, still struggling with the shock of it all. At the very least, it is safe to say the man has left A LOT of food on the table. And we're not talking about your garden variety burritos either, I am talking Grade A celebrity sh*t. I have intel for one that he shunned Erin Andrews. Godspeed.

Ol' Bill said...

I didnt get laid....not once

Gomer said...

Perhaps a went into an uncontrollable fit of vitriol spewing. I just learned that "it was a mistake" that left Timbow off the ballot.

Please.

First, one shouldn't have someone else vote for them. And if one does, one should look over what votes were cast. Supposedly Spurrier said he looked over it quickly and didn't see the "mistake". That's a helluvan oversight, Steve. Either say you didn't look it over and just signed off on it, or say that you did look over and are in fact the asshole I made you out to be. (I know he's not listening, but I'm addressing him directly anyway).

I'm not diminishing, in any way, Spurrier's contributions to Gator football. The program would not be where it is today without Spurrier's enormous contributions, which arguably comprise half of the program's major accomplishments.

That said, I still think that he fucked up. I think he did the right thing by apologizing, but it's one hell of a screw up. It also sheds light on the voting process and calls into question whether it's the coaches or the AD's or someone else who votes the players into allstar teams, awards, or, most importantly, the bowl games.

I'm still seething. I'm old, small, and in need of gnome pussy. I can't bear the thought of going too long without some gnome clam. And that said, I don't give a fuck whether Timbow fucks zero or a million girls, boys, or zebras. So long as he's fucking winning, I couldn't care less, and neither should anyone else.

But, I do agree that the man has left a shit-ton of nan on the table as WSG mentioned. With scraps like that available, even someone like Ol' Bill could eat.

Go Eat, Bill, YBTT.
Go Gators.

Wall Street Gator said...

"I'm still seething. I'm old, small, and in need of gnome pussy." Genius quote.

Who do you think has a bigger dong, Gomer or Keebler?

the SHA said...

Fuck Spurrier for his "mistake". No matter the excuse, his actions show a blatant and fundamental lack of respect for Tebow, the Gators and the SEC. I suspect he would have gone on a visor throwing killing spree if was still our coach and someone else pulled this shit.

P.S. My guess is that Gomer takes the Keebler in the size department. That's based solely on the fact that Gomer is a Gator.

Wall Street Gator said...

By Keebler I meant Frank Batista...

Caro said...

why does every post end up discussing pussy and fucking. you hornballs.

JEWBOY said...

Star of David on my eyeblack.

PERFECT !!!!

Anonymous said...

GatorFace- you sound like a lesbian, are you?